It appears I am currently working on all and nothing.
Quite early after receiving the instructions for my first bee blocks, I started them … but I had a problem with how my printer printed the pattern so … Well I got stuck.
So after that I grabbed some four-patch blocks from an old WIP I wanted to transform into the disappearing four-patch pattern. I considered the cutting and found it not suitable. Then I remembered this quilt and decided to do something like that. So I started cutting the four-patch into smaller pieces to make more, smaller four-patches. Who said quilters aren’t crazy? :)
Well after this little mess, my sewing time was up till our next “Modern Patchwork Treffen”. That’s a sewing meeting Allison from @ Campbell Soup Diary & I started – and if you are from Hamburg or Northern Germany and interested … well we are happy to hear from you!
As I am still way behind on the Skill Builder BOM, I took that WIP with me. Especially since it meant, I could leave the machine home this time. Carrying 13kg up and down three flights of stairs is quite a workout. So I “glued” my first orange peel block using an iron adhesive called Steam-a-Seam (Lite). Actually I glued them on a white fabric first and then on the background. I want to prevent the background fabric from shining through.
Not that much progress but at least some stuff here and there.
Linking up at WIP Wednesday @ Freshly Pieced
Well, stuff here and there is still progress! I really like your inspiration quilt and am looking forward to seeing this come together.
Hmmm, with your other deadline in December, you just might have to have your 13 kg workout anyway. See you soon!
Soma @ whimsandfancies.com
Beautiful colours you have there! I really like the orange peel blocks on the musical notes fabrics.