Now the update for the third quarter for the Finish Along 2015
(all changes and additions colored)
- Aviatrix Medallion
x and plus blocks for the third border are finished!
- Disappearing Four Patch
- From Outside Inn
- Drunkards Patch Nr. One
- Drunkards Patch Nr. One
StarquiltFinished! Click here for more
NEW: Technocolorgalaxy (Skill Builder BOM)
1. I would love to finish the Aviatrix Medallion within this year, but not working on it, will make even that impossible. Center block and first border finished. The next two borders are both started. Still a lot to finish the top… don’t mention quilting #arghh
Q2: Finished the blocks for the third border.
2. Supposed to become something different, I have now decided to change this unwanted project into a baby or toddler quilt. At the moment without an individual in mind – maybe to be a charity quilt. At the moment I have a lot of four patch blocks in kona cotton solids and because I wanted to try out the disappearing nine patch pattern. The solution is to use these blocks to try the disappearing four patch #grin
3. The top for “From Outside Inn” is finished. The problem here is to find a background and binding fabric. As with No. 2 there is no specific recipient. I am still determined to use something from my “huge” stash as it is probably to become a charity quilt as well. #still-too-picky #undecided
4. and 5. Those two quilts have once been pieced for a bigger quilting idea, but I don’t like them enough anymore to continue this. So I am rather going to arrange them in two baby quilts then being unfished and unwanted in my home.
6. My finish for Q2. This quilt has been finished. Click here for the blogpost.
For motivational purposes I am adding the One-Year-Quilt Technocolorgalaxy (Skill Builder BOM) to the list.
So now it’s up to six projects again. I am quite happy with my results for Q2. The regularity in my sewing is not really regularly but it’s getting more often. So let’s do it!
Linking up at Finish Along 2015 @On the Windy Side.
Well, it sounds like you just need to have a couple of quilt treffen meetings to knock out a couple of those blocks ; ) It just dawned on me – how about using some of those Disappearing Four Patch blocks and piecing them together for the backing for your From Outside Inn quilt… that would be two birds with one stone!
I’m really glad that you pulled out the Drunkard’s patch quilt to work on… I really like the scrappy look and the colors are so nice on this one. Yeah for the finish!
Very colorful projects! Can’t wait to see these finishes.