2015 Finish Along to the rescue? Cause I still lack the routine and sometimes motivation to sew regularly – maybe this helps. Moving forward with my WIP list will otherwise be tedious and nearly impossible. So, here is my list of proposed finishes for the second quarter 2015.
1. Aviatrix Medallion
2. Disappearing Four Patch
3. From Outside Inn
4. Drunkards Path Nr. One
5. Drunkards Path Nr. Two
6. Starquilt (a gift to be – so not pictured)
1. I would love to finish the Aviatrix Medallion within this year, but not working on it, will make even that impossible. Center block and first border finished. The next two borders are both started. Still a lot to finish the top… don’t mention quilting #arghh
2. Supposed to become something different, I have now decided to change this unwanted project into a baby or toddler quilt. At the moment without an individual in mind – maybe to be a charity quilt. At the moment I have a lot of four patch blocks in kona cotton solids and because I wanted to try out the disappearing nine patch pattern. The solution is to use these blocks to try the disappearing four patch #grin
3. The top for “From Outside Inn” is finished. The problem here is to find a background and binding fabric. As with No. 2 there is no specific recipient. I am still determined to use something from my “huge” stash as it is probably to become a charity quilt as well. #still-too-picky #undecided
4. and 5. Those two quilts have once been pieced for a bigger quilting idea, but I don’t like them enough anymore to continue this. So I am rather going to arrange them in two baby quilts then being unfished and unwanted in my home.
6. The starquilt is a baby quilt for a friend which really needs to be finished soon. Fortunately it is quite far along already. I have finished most of the quilting. Some mishaps to correct and of to binding it. #hopeful
As for the charity quilts: I do not really now a way to give away charity quilts here in Hamburg, Germany. So I contacted the neonatal station where the grandson of my colleague was born. They are interested – though they may think I have forgotten about them in the interim. I hope this quarter will help me change that as well.